OperaMini is one of the most widely used mobile browser application which renders websites in a compressed and lighter form for your mobile. It loads the websites faster with the best view for your mobile device. Here I’m sharing you how to optimize you OperaMini browser for much more faster and better internet browsing experience.
- Open your OperaMini 4 or later versions (works in almost all versions after v4)
- Type ‘about:config‘ in address bar of your Opera and press OK button to open ‘Power-user settings’ of your OperaMini browser.
There are a lot of options and settings in Power-user settings page which lets you customize your browser. By editing them you can acquire more faster and better browsing experience.
- Large place holders for images (Yes)
Should the colored place holder rectangles for images (used when not loading images) keep the original image size?
- Fit text to screen (No)
If disabled, text will no longer be fit to your phone screen, making it much harder to read.
- Loading timeout (3600)
If a web server does not send any data in this many seconds, the loading will be aborted.
- Site patches and user- agent masking (Yes)
Enables site patches and user-agent masking.
- Keep styling in RSS feeds (No)
If enabled, most CSS/HTML styling will be kept in feed articles.
- Show feedindex (Yes)
Show a list of page feeds at the top of the page.
- Fold linklists (Yes)
Should the transcoder proxy try to detect long lists of links in mobile view, and if one is found, fold it into a single line that can be expanded?
- Phonenumber detection (Yes)
Should text that looks like phone numbers be converted to phone number links?
- Minimum phone number length (5)
If telephone number detection is enabled, a number will need to be at least this long to be considered to be a phone number.
- Use bitmap fonts for complex scripts (Yes)
If enabled, text written with complex scripts will be rendered on the server instead of in your device.
Once you have made all the required editing you can Click the “Save” button to save your settings you made and enjoy a faster browsing from your OperaMini.